Thaddeus Stevens' Iron Works

The Caledonia Iron Works, located on South Mountain was owned by Congressman Thaddeus Stevens from 1837 until the 1860s. The Iron Works were burned by Confederate Major-General Jubal Early in 1863.
Downloadable Files
ZIPPart1HistoricImages.zip
ZIPPart2HistoricImages.zip
Related Links

Thaddeus Stevens Society
Caledonia State Park


Thaddeus Stevens’ Iron Works Part 1
In today’s post, Gettysburg Licensed Battlefield Guide Dave Weaver introduced us to Caledonia State Park and Thaddeus Stevens Society President Ross Hetrick shows us the Blacksmith Shop.
See the full Post Here

Thaddeus Stevens’ Iron Works Part 2
In today’s post, Dave Weaver shows us the rebuilt furnace, the location of the water wheel to power the bellows, and the mill race.
See the full Post Here


About Us  •  Support  •  Archives  •  Subscribe  •  Creative Commons License