Apr 12



The board and batten siding has been added to the west side of the William Patterson House. This view was taken facing east at approximately 8:10 AM on Sunday, April 11, 2010.

Gettysburg National Military Park’s William Patterson House, located east of the Taneytown Road, between the junction with Granite Schoolhouse Lane and Hunt Avenue will soon lose its “log cabin look.” Board and batten siding has now been added to the east and west sides of the structure. A concrete foundation for the kitchen has also been poured.



The Taneytown Road is on the right. This view was taken facing southeast at approximately 8:10 AM on Sunday, April 11, 2010.



This view was taken facing south at approximately 8:10 AM on Sunday, April 11, 2010.



The kitchen foundation is now visible in this view. This view was taken facing southwest at approximately 8:10 AM on Sunday, April 11, 2010.



Originally a rock foundation, the kitchen was separated from the house when it was first built circa 1796. The kitchen was connected to the house circa 1820. This view was taken facing south at approximately 8:10 AM on Sunday, April 11, 2010.



Rocks placed around the concrete foundation will give it that 1796 look with 2010 stablilization. This view was taken facing west at approximately 8:10 AM on Sunday, April 11, 2010.



This view was taken facing northwest at approximately 8:10 AM on Sunday, April 11, 2010.



This view was taken facing north at approximately 8:10 AM on Sunday, April 11, 2010.



Have you noticed how the “bottom” of the house sticks out farther to the left/west than the top of the house? This view was taken facing north at approximately 8:10 AM on Sunday, April 11, 2010.



This view was taken facing northeast at approximately 8:10 AM on Sunday, April 11, 2010.



And back to the beginning. This view was taken facing east at approximately 8:10 AM on Sunday, April 11, 2010.

Related Posts:

Taneytown Road Battlefield Rehabilitation on July 18, 2008.
William Patterson House Stabilization on August 11, 2008.
Cemetery Ridge Rehabilitation Shows Subtleties of Terrain on September 2, 2008.
Tree Cutting on East Side of Cemetery Ridge Covers a Large Area on October 15, 2008.
William Patterson Tree Cutting Update on October 17, 2008.
William Patterson Field Earthworks on October 29, 2008.
Confederate Earthworks on Seminary Ridge on October 30, 2008.
William Patterson Farm Tree Cutting Update on November 9, 2008.
William Patterson Field Earthworks 1890s Photo on November 20, 2008.
William Patterson Farm Update and Patterson Field Panorama #4 on December 12, 2008.
Licensed Battlefield Guide Rich Bellamy: Colonel Edward Ephraim Cross Part 2 on January 5, 2009.
William Patterson House Deconstruction on January 18, 2009.
William Patterson House Stabilization: Reconstruction Methods Impressive on January 28, 2009.
William Patterson House Stabilization Update: Foundation Enclosed on February 22, 2009.
William Patterson House Stabilization Update: Foundation Nears Completion on April 5, 2009.
William Patterson House and Old National Park Service Visitor Center Updates on April 15, 2009.
Old Visitor Center and William Patterson House Updates on April 21, 2009.
William Patterson House and Peace Light Updates on May 1, 2009.
William Patterson House Update on May 26, 2009.
Gettysburg’s William Patterson House Update on June 11, 2009.
Gettysburg’s William Patterson House Update on June 28, 2009.
Gettysburg’s William Patterson House Update on July 17, 2009.
Gettysburg’s William Patterson House Update on August 1, 2009.
Gettysburg’s William Patterson House Update on September 12, 2009.
Gettysburg’s William Patterson House Update on October 3, 2009.
Gettysburg’s William Patterson House Stabilization Update on October 15, 2009.
Gettysburg’s William Patterson House Stabilization Update on November 1, 2009.
Gettysburg’s William Patterson House Stabilization Update on November 10, 2009.
Gettysburg’s William Patterson House Update: Windows Installed on November 28, 2009.
Gettysburg’s William Patterson House Update on December 11, 2009.
Gettysburg’s William Patterson House January Update on January 13, 2010.
Gettysburg’s William Patterson House is Receiving Siding on April 2, 2010.
Gettysburg’s William Patterson House: Board and Batten Siding on the East Side on April 7, 2010.


About Us  •  Support  •  Archives  •  Subscribe  •  Creative Commons License